Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Happens if I let that One Little Dandelion Go?

Apparently this is not the case everywhere in the U.S., but it is around here.

I took this picture of my neighbor's yard (I'm sure they would be thrilled).  In our area, this is what happens if you start to think "oh, what's a few dandelions in my yard?"


This picture really doesn't do it justice, these are about 12 inches tall.  There appears to be some other weed mixed in there that is about knee high.

I'm looking forward to pulling all the little seedlings that blow from their yard to mine.  Really, what's another 20 hours of weed pulling?  

3 comments:

  1. Where we live, we call the city office to report dandelion problems such as these. They then get a notice from the city to take care of the problem and if they do not do it themselves, the city comes and sends the bill to them.

    from http://mymontessorihomeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is crazy.

    Dandelions are not invasive here.

    I also have purslane in the lawn, some clover (natural here not invasive) and something with a tiny blue blossom that I don't know the name of.

    We don't have a law in my town about lawn/grass height etc. They did try to pass a law with a lot of ridiculous things in it so it passed. We are a horse town and one thing was no one could have manure on their property, no compost bins, no clothes lines, no cars with signage from employers in driveway etc. The only good part was the part that the lawn had to be cut a certain height and no more.

    As it is in my neighborhood we can't have a clothesline, any farm animals even chickens, no construction trucks or boats or campers on property.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHCHOOO! AHHHHHHHCHOOO!!

    Momster

    ReplyDelete