- They are going to send me my missing "Z's."
- They are resending the Asia puzzle.
- As for the rest of the puzzles, I have choices.
- I can keep the two puzzles that have 1-2 warped pieces and be credited back 50% of my purchase price. Alternatively, I can chose to have them send me new ones.
- Likewise, with the dented puzzles I can have new ones sent or I can keep them at a 30% discount.
I am going to keep the dented puzzles because my wallet could certainly use the discount. I am undecided about the warped puzzles. I included a photo in my last post that shows the extent of the warping. Any opinions?
The service representative said that the cabinet I received was a "new style," that the puzzles are supposed to stick out, and that he'll have his tech guy change the picture so that it is accurately represented on the website. He also kindly thanked me for making him aware that there are no instructions for assembly. It sounded like none exist and they are going to actually write some to include in future shipments. Obviously I was able to assemble the cabinet without them, but I did have to look up the photo online to do it. Even a line drawing of the finished cabinet would have been enough to be helpful.
It's a pain that I have to go through this trouble, but I do feel like they gave me some reasonable options. It does not appear that I have to go through the hassle of return shipping any of the damaged product. Now I just need help deciding what to do about the warped puzzles...