Monday, September 7, 2009

What DID we do all weekend?

My husband spent most of the last 3.5 days fixing our existing landscape lighting and the power supply to our ponds. We were told by the professionals that it was irreparable and were quoted 12-17 thousand (seriously?) to put in a new system. He is covered in dirt and tired, but everything works.

What did I do all weekend?

This weekend I processed and froze 20 lbs of peaches and 29 mangoes.
I cleaned the walls in the kitchen
(there was an incident with the food processor and the mangoes).

I cleaned out both freezers and made freezer lists
(there was an incident with a bag of whole wheat flour).

I cleaned out the garage and scrubbed the floors
(there was an incident with the garbage bag of old, homemade baby food
that was never eaten that I cleaned out of the freezer).

I cleaned the floors, walls and rugs in one of our bathrooms
(there was an incident with a three-year-old and the positioning of his manhood).

I spilled a bag of breaded tilapia in the newly cleaned freezer.
(decided not to clean it again.)

I did 10 loads of laundry
(many incidents, too traumatic to talk about).

I made eggplant Parmesan. It was delicious. It took three hours.
(I hope everyone enjoyed it because they won't be tasting it again for a long, long time.)

I made bubbles. BIG bubbles...


2 comments:

  1. Crikey sounds like you have had a few incidents of late. I hope you have break from them for a while now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Just wanted to stop by and say so. Beautiful kiddos too.
    In PEACE
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete