Since I have been busy making pink series materials I had to make a run to the craft store and pick up a couple more stacks of pink card stock and did some other shopping. It occurs to me that with two boys my "pink series" need not actually be pink, but frankly I don't have the mental energy to come up with another color.
The three hours it took me to make the first of nine sets of materials for my pink series definitely confirms my assertion that making language materials will keep me plenty busy making things...I have no urge to make my own sensorial or math materials anymore. There is plenty to do keeping up with language, culture, and practical life.
On Friday I made:
- word list for word building with the moveable alphabet
- object box for word building with the moveable alphabet
- single-picture cards with the word glued to the back
- single-picture cards with loose words to match to the picture
- multiple-picture card with loose words in a pocket on the back to match to the pictures
- object box with words to match to the objects
- word list for Kal-El to read
- box of words on little pieces of paper for Kal-El to unfold and read (i.e. "pink secrets")
- single word books
I'll post pictures as the items make their way to the shelves. Only the first three were put on the shelf for use this week. I don't know when he'll be ready for the others, but at least now I'll be ready when he is. I also assembled some more sound bins for Me Too.