Sunday, November 28, 2010

Star




Where have we been?

As is typical with any company or agency that has gotten too dependent on automation (whether having the computer do everything, or having "procedures" that must be followed even though they no longer make sense, or both in this case) AT&T was completely incapable of successfully transferring my internet service from my old residence to my new one. It took ten days and five hours on the phone to finally make it happen.

Let me just say, I expect employees of companies that require them to follow ridiculous procedures like an automaton to say something like "I'm sorry, it isn't the way I'd like to do this but am required to" and then make at least some attempt to have that policy changed for future customers. Instead I am increasingly frustrated by human beings who become defensive and abuse the customer.

I've asked my husband to write a guest post describing our house sale/purchase/move nightmare. So far he is non-committal... "that would be a lot of typing" he said.

In the meantime, we managed to climb out from under all the boxes long enough to put up our Christmas tree. When I announced that we were going to put it up Me Too stated in rapid-fire three-year-old English "There will be a star on top and Me Too will be the one to put on the star and Daddy will hold him up in the air to do it." I don't know where he came up with this tidbit, but since he requested it, it is what we did.




Home of:The Ultimate Montessori Blog ListThe Ultimate Montessori Search BoxThe Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment