Friday, February 25, 2011

Homemade Materials Collaboration

The Ultimate Homemade Materials Collaboration (usually accessible in the top left sidebar) is temporarily down. Linky tools, which powered the collaboration, went subscription. I received no notice unfortunately. The website claims scads of e-mails were sent over several weeks time, but I can honestly say that I received no notice. I've checked my e-mail archives and my spam and have not turned up a single message from linkytools.

When the service became "subscription-only" apparently all the lists were pulled and archived. If you tried to access the lists last week you may have received a server down or invalid link message. I think that this was while they were making the transition. During that time the linkytools site was unavailable leaving me no way of finding out why it wasn't working. I just assumed their site was temporarily down. This week the site is back up but, because the lists are archived, when you try to access them you only get a blank list.

Fortunately I can access the archives and will be able to recreate the lists. The bad news is that the service is now $25...too steep a price for a blog that I don't make any money on. I will get the lists up and running again as soon as I can and will let you know when I do.

Home of:The Ultimate Montessori Blog ListThe Ultimate Montessori Search BoxThe Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment