Thursday, March 17, 2011

NOT Building Things


Just in case you were concerned that Me Too might be feeling "left out" while Kal-El and Daddy were busy building the Transformer on Saturday:


Does this boy look neglected to you?


I didn't think so.


Me Too and I spent the day together while Kal-El and Daddy were out/working in the basement. He started his day with a "private bath" as he calls it. He loves the opportunity to have the bathtub all to himself and not have to share with his big brother. Afterward, he threw in a load of laundry, baked brownies (he got almost as much on his face as he did in the pan), cooked brown rice, and worked in the school room alone with Mommy.

When I had the audacity to take a few minutes to check my e-mail he approached me and said "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I said, "I don't know. What are you thinking?" He replied, "That we should PLAY together."

He wrapped up the day with some art. He put paper on both sides of the easel and worked on both paintings at once. Why? Because he could.


In the middle of his painting he spontaneously walked over to me, gave me a big hug, and said "I love you Mommy. I'm having the best day ever."

I don't think he cares that he didn't make a transformer one bit.


Home of:The Ultimate Montessori Blog ListThe Ultimate Montessori Search BoxThe Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so gorgeous! My son is the same age is yours (his birthday is in July), also with an older brother. He also loves the bath to himself, and will spontaneously hug me and tell me he loves me. Sweet little things, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete