Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poking Fun


Me Too is not doing well with the sound games. I asked him what sound "alligator" starts with the other day and he said /b/. I said, "Hmmm... if alligator started with /b/ it would sound like 'balligator' not 'alligator'." Kal-El overheard this and thought it was hilarious. He didn't make a show of it to Me Too, but I heard him chuckling to himself, whispering "balligator," and saw him shaking his head a lot. A few minutes later he got out the movable alphabet. After a little bit he called me over to see what he wrote. I discretely took a picture later on. I'm not positive, but I think this is the first time I've ever seen him poke fun at someone as opposed to just bickering with them. Maybe he just thought the word was funny.



Home of:The Ultimate Montessori Blog ListThe Ultimate Montessori Search BoxThe Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration

2 comments:

  1. I actually do that a lot for my struggling reader... he loses focus and just says a letter, so I add it to the word. At first he was puzzled, but he is now catching on, lol.
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that he just thought the word was funny. Boys seem to think that stuff is the best I have 6 brothers. I cant tell you how long a weird word like that would hang around our house when I was at home! :) Maybe Me Too will think its funny too and figure out the sound difference!

    ReplyDelete