Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pinning Projects!



 I really shouldn't be, but I still read every single Montessori blog I have ever found.  AND I read each one from the beginning.  When I started blogging in early 2007 there were approximately 30 Montessori blogs.  I currently have more than 450 Montessori blogs in my reader.  You won't find that many in my sidebar because I only list blogs that are mostly about Montessori.  If you have questions about that, you can read a little more about the Ultimate Montessori Blog List here.  Fortunately for me, I read the first 30 from the beginning early on and I accumulated the rest along the way as they were created.  It is rare for me to find someone who has blogging about Montessori for years but has slipped under my radar.  I get freakishly excited when I do, so if you know of someone who isn't on my list, let me know!

Why am I telling you this?  I have been "starring" items in my Google Reader from this massive list of Montessori blogs for around two (?) years now.  To my dismay I don't know how many items have accumulated in there during this time and haven't had the patience to find the bottom.  As you can imagine, it hasn't been a very useful way to access ideas.  It was a useful way to not lose track of them forever.

Enter Pinterest.  I spent this weekend pinning, and pinning, and pinning... While I have been pinning on Pinterest for personal use for a long time, I finally was successful in setting up an account for the blog. I still have a ton of work to do, but I put almost 100 great ideas up on my account for the whole world to see.  I crashed my browser doing it (note to self:  empty browser history occasionally). Not only am I going to be able to find things much more easily, but you can all benefit from from the highlights of two years of 450+ Montessori blogs.

Follow me on Pinterest and enjoy:

  Follow Me on Pinterest

You can click on the red button to follow me and I have also added a Pinterest tab in my upper-right-hand sidebar.

I still have hundreds of items to pin, but there is a good start!  Additionally, I have been culling my favorites of all favorites and posting them on my Facebook page.  If you are not already following me on Facebook, you can find my Facebook tab also in my upper-right-hand sidebar.




 

Home of: The Ultimate Montessori Blog List
The Ultimate Montessori Search Box
The Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration

10 comments:

  1. I'm your new follower on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so glad you have joined the Pintrest crowd! Cant wait to see what you pin! I also read a crazy amount of Montessori Blogs (not as many as you)! Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    PS. I dont see my blog on your list. If you want to add it, I would be honored! :) Happy Schooling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see mine listed on your sidebar. I homeschool two girls 5 and 1.5. I would love for you to add me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You guys! I was SHOCKED to see that you two weren't on there! I watch every new blog for a little while to see if it is consistently about Montessori or not (and to make sure the author isn't mean or super crazy) before I put it on the list. Sometimes when I particularly like a blog I forget it's "new" very quickly and assume its on the list when I never put it there! So sorry! You have both been ADDED.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love pinterest! I had to create a board called 'things from my boards I have done' to encourage me to DO some of what I pin. I'm following you now and looking forward to your pins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coedith: That is hilarious! Good idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for this excellent resource to complement your extensive blog much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! The blog that I write is not here! I have only recently started writing the blog and would really be happy if you added it.
    I work with in the elementary environment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I LOVE Pinterest! I don't know how I never noticed the blog list on your sidebar before today!!! I can't wait to read some of the blogs you list that I have never heard of. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete