Monday, February 20, 2012

Australian Food

The boys are loving Australian food! We have tried Weetabix for breakfast, Vegemite on toast for lunch, and meat pies for dinner!


Their favorite, of course, is any kind of dessert.  We made lamingtons...


And I could KICK myself because I forgot to photograph the mango pavlova I made before we ate it.  We still have plans to make the ANZAC biscuits our Australian swap partners sent us and damper.

We got ideas of what to make from our continent swap materials and from the following book:





Book:  Look What Came from Australia

However, for recipes I found a great little page that has a list of "Iconic Australian Foods" and links to recipes for each one.  Bon appetit!



Home of: The Ultimate Montessori Blog List The Ultimate Montessori Search Box The Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment