Monday, August 13, 2012

Back...and Making Plans!


My husband and I slipped away last week for a vacation without the kids.  I loved my first time in New York City!  We arrived on Tuesday and when Thursday's departure rolled around I hurt everywhere (particularly my feet) and was very ready to come home...only we couldn't.  Our Thursday night flight was cancelled and rescheduled for Friday night.  Our Friday night flight was cancelled and rescheduled for Saturday night.  It was all weather related so there was no compensation from the airline.  If we had to stay any longer we might have had to get jobs!  At any rate, we had some great homeschooling-related moments while we were there and I'll share them throughout the week.

We are still on our summer homeschooling schedule...we'll start our fall schedule at the beginning of September.  In the meantime, I've been very busy making many of our "going out" plans for the year.  Kal-El will plan his own "going outs", but I am still in charge of things like plays, musicals, nature center classes, signing him up for cub scouts, and keeping track of our homeschool coop days.  It is going to be a great year!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, I missed your posts.
    Auntie R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is so awesome! It looks like you guys had fun! I cant wait to hear what you are planning! I cant wait for the new year too! The going out is going to be great, and I personally am super excited for the Great Lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! We were in New York the week of the 30th (July). I had the kids with me and we visited all the wonderful museums in the city!

    Looking forward to hearing your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I hope you guys had a great time at New York!!! I LOVE IT!!! too much to do, too many places to go!!! Enjoy!!, I can't wait to read about your planning!!! Happy No-kids vacations!! That ones are SO important!!!

    ReplyDelete