Thursday, August 16, 2012

Evolution Store


What did we bring the boys home from New York as a souvenir?  Why lollipops with a real scorpion embedded in the center of course.  Who wants a simple Tootsie roll pop with boring old chocolate in the middle anyway?

We discovered The Evolution Store at FAO Schwarz but would have loved to visit their stand-alone store in SOHO.   FAO Schwarz displays a fantastic subset of their products including insects in resin, anatomical models, fossils, etc.,  It was a homeschooling mom's dream, and I wanted to buy one of everything.  It was also a nice antidote to walking past all of the girly stuff in the toy store :)

My husband didn't want to bring home a suitcase full of anatomic models like this one...


...but we did stock up on fun things like this:


Kal-El has always wanted an "bug birthday party" with "real bugs" for the guests to eat.

The bugs in resin are gorgeous:


...but the prices made me really grateful for $23 dollar set I picked up at Toys R Us. 

Anyway, It is awfully fun to brows The Evolution Store website.  I am not receiving any compensation for this post, I just wanted to share some neat links. 


1 comment:

  1. Ewwww....I really think your boys must have loved it! :) Look like it was fun stuff to look through!

    ReplyDelete