Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DIY Montessori Elementary Materials Collaboration is UP!

[collaboration+label]




Attention all Montessori ELEMENTARY homeschooling families!  A specifically elementary Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration is up and functional!


I am always so inspired by bloggers making their own Montessori materials. There have been some amazing posts by people who have shared pictures and sometimes instructions and/or tips. I thought it might be nice if there was a place where people could post a link to their at-home experiments.  That is why I originally started the Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration.  Some of us have been adding our elementary materials to the existing links.  Others have been asking for a specifically elementary section for the collaboration.

I am to please!  The primary collaboration is still nestled snuggly at the top of the left-hand sidebar in the section titled: Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration.  Please continue to add links to the primary collaboration!

I have added new links to that section.  There is now a group of "primary" links and a group of "elementary" links. As always, there may be some crossover.  If you feel that your material should be in both sections, add it to both by all means!  In the elementary section I have listed seven Montessori "subjects": Language, Math, Geometry, Geography, History, Biology, Music/Art. These seem to be the most standard headings for AMI Montessori albums.  AMS tends to break it down even further.  When it comes to adding your links to the right "subject", don't over-think it. Use your best judgement and feel free to add something to more than one subject if you feel it helps you cover the bases better.  If you click on the links they will take you a link-list where you can add a link to any posts you have written in the past or write in the future about making your own materials. The idea is that you can click on "history" and see a list of DIY history projects that others have attempted. You might someday find three different approaches to making your own black strip, for example.

I didn't know any other way to do this other than to create a blog post for each of the subjects. I back-dated them so that they would be buried out-of-the way in the depths of my blog. They may show up in your reader, sorry about that. I also added my own posts so that the lists wouldn't all be completely empty at the start.

As I see new DIY posts crop up on other blogs I may add them myself to keep track of them, so don't be surprised if you find yourself already there at some point!

Instructions for how to title your post are at the lists. I also added in a few words where necessary to clarify what types of materials are generally in the AMI album of each title.  If you can find a way to link back so that people can return to see other projects on the list that would be great. You could use the "Ultimate Montessori Homemade Materials Collaboration" button above that Walk Beside Me created for me and have it link back here.





1 comment: