Sunday, February 3, 2013

Riding the Bus to School


Following the same train of thought that led them to wear coats, backpacks and pack a lunch (they know better than to eat school lunch) to take to homeschool, this week the boys decided they wanted to start riding the bus to homeschool.  First they had to make a bus. Like any good Montessori kids, they started with a box from Adena and colored it yellow with Stockmar Beeswax Block Crayons.



There is room for two, but the boys discovered that if they both sat IN the box there was no one to PUSH the box.


This vehicle is fully loaded with ignition, steering wheel, and stick shift.


I didn't know he could drive stick!





4 comments:

  1. Nice project! It is fun to see and read how much your kids love school.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun!

    Legoboy and I were chatting the other day with "The Squire and the Scroll" study guide. It suggested he should consider the things he finds to be a blessing from his parents. He told me, "I am happy that I am homeschool because you make it so much fun!" After complaints all week, that sure felt nice!
    Then he followed it up with "I don't have to ride the smelly bus (we can smell the busses when we visit the local elementary school once a week) either."
    So no missing the bus here! ;)

    I told him that I had 4 1/2 schools years (not all at once) where I walked to school and the bus looked really nice as it drove past ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, all three of you. *I* thought it was cute, my husband thought it was a little bit sad :( THEN he went to work today and called me at noon to say he's SO glad we homeschool.

    ReplyDelete