Thursday, September 26, 2013

Personalizing Progress Markers


The best thing about this was the group excitement the morning the boys discovered it in the classroom.  After the two brother celebrated together Kal-El ran over to me, wrapped his arms around me in a big hug, and said, "Mom, you're AMAAAZING."  

Now that Me Too is continuing his fraction work again, one clothespin on the Fraction Cabinet wasn't going to be enough.  Putting up two blank clothespins and having the kids remember that Kal-El's is always ahead of Me Too assumes that Me Too will never surpass Kal-El...not very motivating!  Nothing iPhoto and a little Gorilla Glue couldn't fix!



5 comments:

  1. But you ARE amazing! And you inspire me so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you SOOO much Elsa. I really needed that today! Thank you for commenting, comments keep me motivated. I have to say, it sure is nice when the KIDS realize I'm amazing, LOL! It's rare.

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea! :) I went the boring route and just wrote their names on the clothespins we use to mark progress (an idea I very clearly borrowed/stole from you!). I better hide this post, before they see it and ask for personalized markers... atleast until I have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE it when people steal Montessori/organization ideas from me. Makes me feel terribly "with it." Thanks :)

      Delete