Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crazy Busy!


Despite all of the other activities we have going on around here, Me Too had ONE THING on his personal agenda this week...starting the memorization sequence for multiplication!  In the meantime, Kal-El is still slogging through the division bead board.

Both boys agreed that I was the funniest I have EVER been today because I set up Me Too's subtraction snake so that it disappeared.

Kal-El has been working diligently to finish his "second grade" Handwriting Without Tears book because he wants to start cursive right away.

I presented our modified Third Great Lesson today.  I didn't take an pictures, but I hope to get some tomorrow.  Kal-El is planning to add some events of his own choosing to the timeline and wants to work with the mute timeline.

In the meantime, I have been busy working on pin maps.  I've made quite a bit of progress, but am only at about the halfway point.  Perhaps I'll assemble some kind of "sneak peek" this week.

The boys are happy and healthy and BUSY.  They are rehearsing for and performing in a Christmas program this year at church.  The have been very active in cub scouts again this year.  Last week my husband and I were somewhat caught off-guard when Me Too's overly-large den was split into two and my husband became head den leader to his own smaller den rather than assistant den leader to the large den.  I am his unofficial assistant and, as you can imagine, I love planning and making the activities.  The two days notice I had for our first den meeting was a bit of a nail-biter however.  Too much excitement for me.

Basketball season started a few weeks ago. This year we are lucky because the first and second graders are combined and Kal-El and Me Too can play on the same team.  They had their first game this weekend.  I really chuckled because they really act like brothers on the court.  When their team needs to hustle from one basket to the other I could see and hear Kal-El making sure Me Too (the daydreamiest on the the team) was coming along.  Later I saw Me Too pull Kal-El aside during game play to tell him about "something cool" that happened a few moments earlier.  "Kal-El, did you see when that guy shot the ball and...."  Not great for game play, but heartwarming.

We have enjoyed decorating the house for Christmas and making ornaments every day.  It is upsetting our balance though and not everything is getting done.  Violins were NOT practiced today.  Last week we got to the violins every day, but school?  Not so much.  Something has got to give.  It might wind up being my blogging time.  I'm going to try to keep it simple so I can stay present rather than disappear.

8 comments:

  1. I completely understand! :) We have been so busy here, not so much with school, but more so with *life* that I almost have disappeared! Maybe keeping it simple is the better way to go! :) As for the busyness, I remind myself that one day it won't be like this, and we will only be able to look back - I'd rather look back and remember the good times than look back and see myself just rushing to get it all in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there! Here's to keeping it simple!

      Delete
  2. I would love to attend one of their basketball games! Congratulations on being able to use your talents as the assistant den leader. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have been there today! Me Too has literally not touched the ball yet during the game. Today Kal-El saw an opening and PUSHED Me Too from behind toward the ball. It STILL didn't work, but it was a push full of brotherly love.

      Delete
  3. Figuring out how to fit in this blogging business is hard work, isn't it!! It's fun and refreshing but balance is tough. Hence my on/off months. I don't think anyone minds though! I know I am glad whenever you do post so even if that is less often I'm sure we will all still benefit tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the balls are In the air. I blog for my parents and I know that they'd be sad to not see what we've been up to. I guess though that leaves other things out, but so is life. I wish that there were one more hour in everyday. But I know I am blessed to have such a full life.

    Again thanks for all the time and effort you put forth on the blog. I get so any ideas from your posts, and so many questions answered. Here is to homeschooling around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete