Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Common Multiples


This is the second exercise in the KotU album for common multiples.  Kal-El is laying out the multiples of two, three, and four horizontally with their products vertically below them.


It is really easy for the child to see which products each series has in common.  There is a nice script in the album for explaining what a common multiple is.




Next, the child identifies the common multiples.  We used the number tiles for the common multiple. Each equation and its product are set out in a row and enclosed in parentheses.


I snapped this photo when he was nearly finished.  I think he still had the number 18 to find.

Next week we'll work on finding the common multiples  of two-digit numbers (such as 12 and 16).

6 comments:

  1. I always love the photo's you share.

    I enjoy your blog so much I have nominated it for a One Lovely log award - http://elementaryobservations.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolly! Your blog is a favorite of mine as well. I think it's getting to the point that I just pin everything you write LOL. Love the new biology work!

      Delete
  2. So one thing came up today when I was shown this, you really need two decanomial boxes for this don't you? It made me think about your post on what minimum math bead materials you can get if you homeschool....How were you able to do a presentation on this if you run out of bead bars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pulled extra bars from the snake game box. No problem.

      Delete
  3. aha! Thanks! I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete